Do you give to people with the

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dialysis - some new ideas

I've been a dialysis patient for about 4 years. first I was in center doing my 3 days a week, 3 hours a day routine. Then I tried peritoneal; made it 2 years, had my gallbladder taken out, and they infected my catheter canal-peritonitis. So I went back in center for a while. Then I heard about home-hemo dialysis. this is where you can do hemo therapy from the comfort of your own home. This has been the best so far. I have to dialysize 5 days a week, but only for 2 hours. I pick the time when I do it, and I pick the days off. My wife and I are trained, and then pretty much on our own. Once a month with the nurse, and once a month with the doc. My wife draws my labs, and fed-x's them off. All our supplies are shipped to our house, and we have a small area set up to store them, and the equipment. The dialysis machine sits on top of a container for the dialysate water, and on top of that sits the actually dialysis machine (about the size of a microwave). Anyone have any questions about this form of dialysis, feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog


Followers

About Me

My photo
I have squandered a large portion of my life, but have met a lovely lady, whom I married 21 years ago. Since then we have pro-created two boys; rays of sunshine. Though my kidneys have failed me, my God, and my family have not.